Robert and Frieda Augustine Endowed Scholarship
- Candidate Qualifications/Requirements Each candidate for the Robert and Frieda Augustine Scholarship must:
- Be enrolled or admitted in good standing at Illinois State University
- Be at the grade level of: Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, Senior, Graduate
- Be declared a major in the Department of Communication Sciences and Disorder, following a course of study in speech pathology/communication disorders.
- Use the scholarship to defray educational expenses at ISU, including tuition and fees. Award is applied to expenses incurred the semester following selection of the recipient (awarded in the spring and paid in the fall).
- Scholarship Fund Administration
- Scholarship Awards
This agreement summarized the mutual understanding of Dr. Robert Augustine, Kathryn Augustine (Donors), and the Illinois State University Foundation (Foundation) regarding irrevocable gifts in support of the Communication Sciences and Disorders department. This agreement will be made a part of the Foundation’s records and is intended as a guide to those who will administer in accordance with the Foundation’s administrative guidelines and procedures.
At such time as the Robert and Frieda Augustine Scholarship is established, responsibilities for selection of scholarship recipients and distribution of scholarship awards will be assigned to the Chair, Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders at Illinois State University. This person, as the Scholarship Fund Administrator, may seek advice and assistance from other ISU faculty and administrative staff in carrying out his or her responsibilities.
The Robert and Frieda Augustine Scholarship shall be awarded annually. The number and amount of awards will depend on the annual net investment earnings produced by the endowment’s principal. A portion of these investment earnings will be used for scholarship awards, as outlined in the ISU foundation spending policies.