Scholarships & Financial Aid
- There is one, university-wide, online application graduate assistantships. Search and apply for assistantships at the Illinois State University Jobs Web site .
- Graduate assistantships through the Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders are offered to students based on their application for admission to the graduate program. Once offered, students will be informed of specific application procedures.
- Assistantships cover tuition expenses for one year and provide a monthly stipend during the fall and spring terms. In exchange, students work in the department approximately 10 hours per week. Duties are assigned by the department chairperson.
Eligibility and Selection Process for Waiver Recipients
- All graduate students who do not have a tuition waiver and who are in good academic and clinical standing are eligible to apply for a tuition waiver.
- To apply, please complete the Graduate Tuition Waiver form and return the completed application to Diane Leonard, FH 204.
- The deadlines for each term are as follows:
- Fall: August 20th
- Spring: January 20th
- Summer: May 20th
For more information regarding dates and deadlines, visit: grad.illinoisstate.edu/faculty/dates .
Scholarships offered through CSD
The Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders has some scholarships available. See the sidebar for details about each of the scholarship opportunities.
Please contact Mrs. Julie Burns for additional information about these scholarships. There is one application for all of these CSD scholarships. The deadline is March 1st annually. Click here for the application.
- The Illinois Special Education Teacher Tuition Waiver (SETTW) is a scholarship through the Illinois Student Assistance Commission. This waiver is for undergraduate and graduate students in speech language pathology.
Scholarshps offered through the College of Arts and Sciences (CAS)
- Several scholarships are offered each year through CAS. For more information on scholarships offered and qualifications, visit the CAS website.
Financial Aid Office
- The Financial Aid Office can assist students in applying for loans, grants, and scholarships.
Scholarship Resource Office
- Many scholarship opportunities are available to students in CSD. The Scholarship Resource Office at ISU can assist students in finding appropriate scholarships.