Mission & Strategic Plan
Strategic Plan 2021-2026
Our strategic plan delineates our vision of the future and the progress we are making.
The Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders is a collaborative community of scholars and practitioners with varied and complementary expertise whose goal is to prepare students to be effective and ethical professionals.
Our goal is to reflect the changing demographic of the country and prepare to serve the communication needs of the nation.
- Collaboration and community
- Dynamic and innovative learning
- Diversity, inclusion, and equity
- Individualized attention
- Scholarship and its dissemination
- Service and community engagement
- Academic and professional integrity
- Interprofessional education
- Recruit and retain academically talented, diverse, and highly motivated students.
- Promote learning by creating a robust curriculum that challenges and inspires our students.
- Develop a diverse, inclusive, and equitable academic community.
- Provide evidence-based speech, language, and hearing services.
- Create and sustain opportunities for interprofessional experiences.
- Develop and expand our academic and clinical spaces.
- Maintain and grow the use of innovative technology in teaching, research, and clinic settings.
- Cultivate community and alumni relationships.