The Eckelmann-Taylor Speech and Hearing Clinic’s audiologists and graduate student clinicians provide a seminar each month to alleviate frustrations associated with hearing loss and obtain a better understanding of how our hearing system works. Those who attend will receive Frustrated by Hearing Loss? 5 Keys to Communication Success by Dr. Dusty Ann Jessen. This book teaches comprehensive communication strategies that are easy to understand. Our goal is to support each individual and their loved ones by giving resources that improve communication in every challenging environment.
At our Hearing & Communication Sessions, we will:
- Explain how to use the visible aspects of speech
- Discuss ways to improve self-advocacy and communication confidence
- Provide ways to prevent communication mistakes
- Provide resources concerning hearing loss, hearing aids, and self-advocacy
[Before attending the class, I had not thought about acknowledging my hearing loss when communicating with others. This discussion gave me some ideas on how to express myself. Thank you for offering this learning opportunigy. – course attendee]
Overview of Session
- Each session is scheduled on the last Wednesday of every other month, from 1:00-3:00pm.
- All who are impacted by hearing loss are more than welcome to join us each session at no cost.
- Coffee and refreshments are provided!
- Call our clinic to reserve a spot at 309-438-8641.
We consider this session to be an essential step in your journey to restore your ability to communicate accurately and successfully. Please bring your spouse, friend or family member to maximize effectiveness of this session.
Our audiologists and graduate student clinicians look forward to seeing you!