Major in Audiology
Students who wish to practice audiology should complete the Audiology Sequence. A Clinical Doctorate in Audiology is required in order to practice as an audiologist.
This sequence, upon completion of the Clinical Doctorate in Audiology (Au.D.), allows students to obtain the CCC-AUD, a State license in audiology, and the Hearing Aid Dispensers License.
Requirements for Audiology Sequence
39 total hours are required in this sequence.
Required Communication Sciences and Disorders coursework:
- CSD 115: Introduction to Human Verbal Development
- CSD 155: Anatomy and Physiology of the Speech and Hearing Mechanism
- CSD 175: Speech and Language Development
- CSD 215: Clinical Phonetics
- CSD 310: Clinical Neurology
- CSD 318: Professional Issues in Speech Language Pathology and Audiology
- CSD 321: Language Disorders
- CSD 332: The Clinical Process: Evaluation and Treatment
- CSD 349: Speech and Hearing Science
- CSD 350: Introduction to Audiology
- CSD 351: Introduction to Aural Rehabilitation
- CSD 352: Signed English for Clinicians