Welcome to the Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders
The Illinois State University Honors Program promotes exceptional learning for exceptional learners by offering diverse opportunities and specialized services to enrich students' learning and support the development of marketable skills.
Honors students in Communication Sciences and Disorders enjoy the benefits of advanced registration, unique academic programming that promotes increased interaction with faculty and staff, including opportunities for research and creative experiences.
Honors in the Major: Communication Sciences and Disorders
Students in the Honors Program can choose to pursue various designations to earn upon graduation, including Honors in the major. By completing Honors in the major, students will:
- Engage in anenriched and extended learning experience;
- Develop as scholars and gain an edge over their peers by having a more comprehensive preparation in their field of study;
- Be recognized in the Commencement Book, transcript, and on the diploma.
Requirements for Honors in the major for CSD:
To achieve this designation the student must:
- Earn a minimum 3.3 cumulative GPA at the time of graduation;
- Earn a minimum 3.5 GPA in CSD at the time of graduation;
- Complete 1 Honors Learning Experience per semester in the Honors Program through graduation;
- Complete 2 Honors Learning Experiences in CSD courses, specifically 2 honors contracts in 2 CSD courses at the 300 level;
- Complete an Honors Capstone Experience, which may include CSD 299 or an Honors Thesis (IDS 395.xx) for 3 credit hours.
For more information about Honors in the Major: Communication Sciences and Disorders contact Heidi Verticchio.