Welcome to the Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders
All students must complete all clinical experiences below. These experiences are necessary to meet the requirements for the ASHA Certificate of Clinical Competence. (Total of 18 clinical credit hours)
- CSD 408.3 Basic Speech Pathology Clinic
- Complete one, 1-hour enrollment in this during the first fall semester.
- CSD 408.4 Intermediate Speech Pathology Clinic
- Complete two, 2-hour enrollments in this during the first spring semester and the second summer semester.
- CSD 408.5 Advanced Speech Pathology Clinic
- Complete one, 3-hour enrollment in this during your last fall semester (last term on campus).
- CSD 408.6 External: Educational
- All students will complete one full-time, 10-week internship in a school for 5 semester hours. Placements are typically made in schools.
- CSD 408.7 External: Medical
- All students will complete one full-time, 10-week assignment for 5 semester hours. Placements are typically made in hospitals.